Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Concrete...

So, it has been a lot harder than I thought. Of course in Peter's world, everything is easy and everything fits together perfectly. Well, the concrete didn't turn out bad, but at the same time I can't say it was what I imagined. The top came out good; it was the sides that did not turn out. You can see in the pictures below that it turned out "honeycombed." I then went back to Lowe's and got a "top finishing" concrete to fill in all the gaps. I think it will be nice in the end. In true Peter fashion I just jump in head first and hope there is water in the pool. If there isn't then I will just repair the damages later (I married a nurse on purpose, a beautiful nurse at that). I had some good help for the initial laying of the crete, although he sat around most of the time complaining about an ingrown hair on his arm, WIMP! The pictures below so the progress of our work.
Click on the Photos to make them bigger

No comments: